COVID 19 Business Restart Grant – apply here
COVID 19 Business Restart Grant
A €250 million Restart Fund has been created nationally by the Minister for Business, Enterprise and Innovation. The purpose is to to help micro and small enterprises with the costs of reopening during Covid-19. Companies can apply for a grant to their local authority, (in this case I am using Cork City Council) of an amount equivalent to no more than their 2019 rates bill and there will be a cap of €10,000. The grant can be used to pay ongoing fixed costs, for replenishing stock and for measures needed to ensure employee and customer safety.
To receive the grant from Cork City Council, a business must:
- Have an existing rate account with Cork City Council
- Have an annual turnover of less than €5 million and employ between 1 to 50 people
- Have closed, or incurred a projected 25% or more loss in turnover to the end June 2020
- Commit to remain open or to reopen if it was closed
- Declare the intention to retaining employees that are on the Temporary Wage Subsidy Scheme and to reemploy staff on the COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment where applicable
This scheme is up and running from Friday May 22nd through the local authorities, and applications will be accepted until 31st August 2020. Once you have applied you should expect to get your grant within one week. You are still eligible to apply if you have not paid your 2019 rates, or are in arrears.
You can apply here online for your grant if you are applying to Cork City Council:
As ever, stay safe and stay in touch